28 March 2018
So what exactly is Englicious? Englicious is a web-based resource (a library, if you will) of all kinds of resources that teachers can use at primary and secondary schools throughout Key Stages 1-5.
Englicious will help your students:
- learn about English grammar in a fun way, using interactive online resources, including exercises, projects and games, all of which can be projected onto an interactive whiteboard
- develop their literacy skills, with a focus on spelling, punctuation and writing
- stimulate their enjoyment of (using) language, both in spoken and written form
- enhance their confidence
- improve their test scores, especially the Year 3 and Year 6 SPaG tests
What kind of materials does Englicious offer?
- a year-by-year overview of the new programmes of study and attainment targets in the 2014 National Curriculum
- hundreds of fully prepared lesson plans, including everything from bite-sized starters to larger projects, for use in the classroom
- assessments for evaluating student attainment and progress
- a complete and rigorous overview of English grammar
- the entire National Curriculum Glossary, enhanced with new terminology enabling teachers to use terminology consistently throughout the Key Stages. There’s no more need to google grammar terms or to feel confused about terminology!
- CPD materials for teachers to brush up on their own knowledge
The site is fully compatible with the specifications of the UK National Curriculum (NC), so that you can be sure that the materials that you find there link directly to what you need to teach your students.
Date: Wednesday 28th March 2018 9.30-3.30pm
Venue: Ash Grove Academy, Belgrave Road, Macclesfield, SK11 7TF
Cost: £150+VAT per delegate. Lunch and refreshments included.
Course Leader: Charlotte Clowes, Director of the Aspirer Teaching Alliance.
To book your place please contact Alison on email@example.comPosted on 10 January 2018
Posted in: Events, Training/CPD